HomeBCC 11 and its relationship to Boris RED

Home FORUMS BORIS FX BCC (Boris Continuum Complete) BCC 11 and its relationship to Boris RED

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DennyF 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Douglas
    Keymaster

As you may have noticed, even I am now accepting the fact that Boris RED is not really alive anymore.
    Of course, it is still a very good functioning compositing application but . . . .
    I have had the opportunity to play around with BCC11 recently. In particular I have looked at Title Studio.
    Now, as you will have read elsewhere, I am in the process of learning a completely different titling application – Vistitle.
    Back to BCC11 and Title Studio.
    I can see that TS can be a very good alternative titler for ex-Boris RED users, who used RED mainly for titling.
    The interface in TS is very familiar to RED users. I found that I was able to start creating both simple and more advanced titles immediately.
    Added to this, the fact that most of the filters in BCC11 can be applied to created titles, makes it an excellent replacement for Boris RED. Well, apart from the price!
    For myself, I can see that Vistitle and the effects already native to EDIUS used in combination are a viable affordable replacement for my ageing Boris RED.
    Regards
    Douglas

I agree: BCC11 title studio is a good replacement for RED. Two things I am mssing: language (only english) and the possibility to use two-monitors. Boris told me: good ideas, we will add that in further releases.

Within Avid RED5.6 starts to make problems. You get error messages: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library “This application requsted the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.”.

So I switched to BCC11. You can discuss with them an acceptable prize.

Best regards
    Klaus-Dieter

Douglas
    Keymaster

Hello Klaus-Dieter,
    I am sitting at my computer right now, making very basic tutorials on Title Studio in Japanese
    Well, to be honest, I am making them in English and my wife, Megumi, will be doing the Japanese voice overs.
    They will only be appearing in Japanese, at first.
    I can imagine that Boris will produce some sort of language pack in the future. They already had one for Boris RED, and much of the terminology is the same.
    Is BCC Continuum not available in German? Or is it only Title Studio that is not available in German?
    Regards
    Douglas

Hi Douglas,
    only Boris RED is in German but neither BCC11 nor Title Studio. They told me:

Hi! The language pack is not currently supported in Continuum 11 but I’ll add this to our database as a feature request. Thanks, Peter.

Regards
    Klaus-Dieter

Douglas
    Keymaster

Sorry for the long delay in responding to your post Klaus-Dieter
    I would expect the German UI to be done before any Japanese one.
    We will just have to wait and see.
    I have noticed that even applications like Snagit have stopped producing Japanese UI versions.
    Probably the large amount of work needed to create the different language packs is one factor in the equation.
    Although Megumi and I are now producing tutorials in Japanese, we would never even consider trying to create a Japanese translation for any application. It is just too complex. Especially with Japanese, where ther are often no Japanese kanji characters for the various menus. Almost everything is done by converting the English to Katakana which is just the English words written phonetically, syllable by syllable. This means that even a simple title in English can result in a much longer string of katakana characters……. which do not fit into the menu areas designated to them.
    Regards
    Douglas

DennyF
    Participant

Hi Douglas,
    I was reading about the earthquake in Japan this morning, and was hoping that you and your family are safe and well. I have been dealing with a ruptured disk and Sciatica for the past several months which has sidelined me.
    Let me know when your tutorial for BCC 11 Title Studio is available. I would love to be a customer.
    All the best to you and yours,
    Denny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.