Home FORUMS GRASS VALLEY EDIUS FDR-X3000R action camera

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Douglas 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ken
    Participant

Hi
    Not sure where to start this but as I’m using EDIUS here will be good.

My workflow with my Sony NX70 is to copy ALL the files from the card onto a hard drive and then copy the MTS files that I want from the stream folder into my EDIUS media MANAGEMENT appropriate folder on a different drive.

Now I also have a SONY FDR-X3000R action camera. The route folders on this card are different. I still copy ALL the files from the card onto a drive but I now see in the M4ROOT – CLIP there are MP4 and XML
    files. Both of these files will run in EDIUS. I assume the XML files are of a lower quality the MP4 files.

My question is can I delete the XML files and if I can what it the point of them. I assume the XML files will run on a system not as powerful as EDIUS.

When I purchased the FDR-X3000 my intention was to use it for 4K more than MP4 1080 50P but I have changed my mind.

The intention is to output to Blu-Ray including media from the NX70 and FDR-X3000.
    If anyone is using the FDR-X3000 and has any advice please fill free to help if you have time.

Regards
    Ken

Douglas
    Keymaster

Hello Ken
    Sorry to have taken 5 days to reply.
    Not only that, I will actually try and Skype you to see if I can shed some light, from my point of view, on the topic.
    Regards
    Douglas

Douglas
    Keymaster

Thanks for the Skype chat, Ken
    Looks like we both basically have the same approach. Just copy the video files.

Also, just to clarify, if you do copy the whole structure to a drive and then use MYNC to view them, you will find that the hard drive “disappears” and the structure from the card will appear instead as removable media.
    The keep your hard drive visible and also be able to see the media in the card file structure, you have to put the file structure into a subfolder on the hard drive.
    However, I believe that you do not use MYNC, so that problem is unlikely to affect you.
    Regards
    Douglas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.