HomeGoogle Hangouts

Home FORUMS ABC Feedback Please Google Hangouts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Douglas 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Douglas
    Keymaster

One of my friends at BorisFX suggested that I should use Google Hangouts instead of Skype.
    Since Microsoft took over Skype it started to change in many ways that I did not like.
    However it still does a reasonable job. But my curiosity has been awakened and I am now researching Google Hangouts and what it can offer.
    For Gaijin-Eyes I would be interested in the screen sharing, the video conferencing and ever live webinars.
    Do any of you have any comments, positive or negative, about Hangouts?
    Regards
    Douglas

Ken
    Participant

Hi Douglas
    To be honest I had never heard of it but then I’m not really into social media.
    I have now looked it up and the reviews are not that positive but then people only review the bad point never the good.

Douglas
    Keymaster

Ken,
    As you know I am not a social media person myself.
    In testing Hangouts a bit I began to get swamped by lots of stuff from Google.
    The application is quite popular in business circles, but I have been unable to find how to call free via Hangouts to other countries.
    I mean by just using a microphone and talk directly with another person (as on Skype) without having to pay for telephone calls.
    Today I did a test run of another possible chat/screen-share application.
    Much simpler and free. Again not as well developed as Skype, but certainly could be used when the person I want to screen share with does not have Skype.
    It is called Talky.io
    I chatted with members in the USA earlier today.
    I will be testing with Europe in about 2 hours from now.
    I will add your name to the invitation list when I send out the email.
    Regards
    Douglas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.